Thursday, September 11, 2008

Introducing...







Above Rubies
Full Service Salon !!!
Yes ..its named "above rubies. " (I had to put SOMETHING on my business licence) Everyones a critic lemmetellya.


Firstly, As vanity oriented as this world is...I wanted it to be a small reminder of what women should really be striving for. Now how many salons will tell you that?! :)




Also..I was really trying to avoid something cheesy and obvious like "Hair by Faith." Though I do love a good pun :)
So here are some pictures of the finished product..though you should ignore the ugly plumbing ....Im in the process of making a cute skirt for my sink :)








Its not TOO purple is it?? While I was painting I was sort of freaking out...but i think i like it now! Even though it IS a little "barney."

5 comments:

lislynn said...

I actually love the color. But then, I have a reputation for loving colors that make everyone else in my family blind, so wait till Susi gives her opinion. :)

The Cranberry Paper said...

LOL ..I loved it too on the swatch card..but it was SO bright when I started painting. But it is a little darker than the pictures show..it dried darker. And I tried to break it up with some black and white things ...rather than more color in my wall art. Susi is a great interior person tho....i hope she does leave an opinion

Susannah Forshey said...

That is sweet of y'all....... :)

I actually LOVE the color, and I totally don't think you need to "tone it down" at ALL. You need to just *own* it. If it were me, I'd go full ahead with the gorgeous brilliant fuschia and do like, orange and pink paisley drapery somewhere (sink skirt, floor-length curtains, upholstery, whatever)......I actually think "toning it down" might end up looking like "we put our extra living room furniture in here" instead of "we intended to paint this room a joyful brilliant fuschia."

Oh, also, a tip I learned from HG tv shows about small-ish rooms. They tend to look bigger and less cluttered when you use fewer larger pieces in the room rather than many little pieces. (if you can manage it, still keeping it functional for a salon) Plus, MIRRORS. They rock for small rooms, and, incidentally salons. :)

There. That's my opinion. :)

Denise said...

I think it's gorgeous and I wouldn't have ever thought Barney. It really goes for a hair salon place too.. You want fun and funky, yet not crazy. I think it's great!

The Cranberry Paper said...

yay thank you!!

Yeah...its hard to not be cluttered in a salon, from what ive noticed. So much stuff is required...and in the small ish space..it sorta looks like I threw it all in there; but hopefully it will all come together with time the more I use it and stuff! Thanks for the comments!

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com