Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Wiisaster Area

Ok...no more cute wii puns. Promise.

Apparently getting a Wii isnt as east as one might think. I thought they were over abundant and could be bought most anywhere. ...Wrong-o.

I called EVERYWHERE. No one in this county has a Wii for sale. They said a factory shortage and christmas coming up is causing a Wii crisis. I laughed at the term "Wii crisis."

So I called a Wal-mart in a neighboring county...They had a shipment truck backed up to the door at the very moment I called with 2 Wii's coming off. A man was there already in line for one of them.

I sprang into action.

I grabbed my clothes shoes and baby and headed for the car. The normally hour drive took me ...meh...35 min or so. (Not good I know)

I stopped about halfway there , for about 18 seconds to pick up my self proclaimed video game guru brother so I would know what to buy.

Finally we arrived....Screaming baby in tow we dashed from the vehicle.

Walking briskly (ok running) to the electronics section ....I ran over a mans foot with my cart. Dont worry....I shouted a vauge apology over my shoulder.

I skidded to a halt and shouted ...slightly winded at the electronics woman.."WHERE ARE THE WII's?!?!"

She pointed and I followed....

I picked up the beautiful shiney white box....was tempted to kiss it.. and proceeded to the checkout where I felt like I was selling one of my kidneys for permission to take it home

But I got it.

And to add to my satisfaction...I looked snubly at a group of teenage boys who pointed at me and said...:"NO she got the last ONE!"

Ha.

SO ...I will let you know how my surprise turns out!!

3 comments:

Denise said...

I guess I thought there were plenty now too. You get extra good points for going to all that trouble to get it!!! Let us know!

Susannah Forshey said...

Wahaaahaaa!!! You go, girl!! Wait till you tell him how you got it, too.......LMAO!

lislynn said...

Whoo- hoooooooooo!! That's one for the family legends collection :)

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com