Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What happened to "If youre happy and you know it?"

Sometimes ....watching childrens shows frustrate me. I understand that they are on a level for children and adults watching them would think "silly" or "immature" But REALLY. I was washing dishes and I left Bailey in the living room watching Dora the explorer...It went off and this came on. She REALLY liked it. Maybe a little to much...she was dancing and squealing and ...generally going crazy. Pay special attention to the second video you LOTR fans....Elijah wood has gone from Big Star to dancing on a kids show...nothing wrong with that...just made me giggle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9PqjMSNfkU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whMZf9uzCwA&feature=related

Please watch them...id like some imput. Would you let your kid watch this?? I dunno...I dont really appreciate the fact that they air kids bop commercials for my kid to see...

4 comments:

Susannah Forshey said...

It's no wonder there are so many ADD kids out there today. When I finished watching it, I realized I'd been holding my breath the whole time, mimicking their excitement level. Not only that, but my eyebrows were plastered in the shocked/excited very high up position that Elijah was portraying...also an unconscious mimicking. Weird. Creepy. I hate Modern kids tv.

The Cranberry Paper said...

Me too.. I feel like theres a preettty shady line between whats ok and whats not. Even in the educational ones..it seems like theres a general "you should tolerate" message going out...or that "everyone is special"

I jump to think...
what about gays? what about sin? should we tolerate that too??

Of course my 10 month old isnt thinking these things and most likely just wants to hear the music and see the colors...but...its so subliminal...i feel like it could influance a world view later on...

am i reading to much into it?

lislynn said...

No you're not reading too much into into.

But honestly, my first reaction was

"Oh my gosh, I am so much dumber now than I was just 4 and a half minutes ago... will I ever get those brain cells back again??"

Seriously, that was some pretty god-awful stuff.

Denise said...

Aww girls, you mean to say you don't walk around now unconsciously singing, "Raise you knee... Raise your other leg.... Do the puppetmaster!...."

Ok, ok, I honestly agree with you all. Where is the simple beauty in something like the waltz of the flowers frm fantasia? I STILL get goose bumps thinking of winter coming when I recall seeing that as a little child, and how glorious it was.

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com